A simple home test that checks for possible urinary tract infection.
Why test urine for infections?
- urine infections can range from cystitis (a mild but distressing infection) to severe kidney infections. All infections can be potentially serious and require medical attention.
- urine infections are 50 times more common in women than men.
Who is the test for?
- everyone, but strongly recommended for women of all ages.
How often should urine be tested for infections?
Urine should be checked if the user is experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- frequent need to urinate
- pain while passing urine
- cloudy urine with offensive odour
- pain in the loins, fever or chills
What should user do if the result if positive?
- in all cases, users should consult their doctor. No medical decisions should be made without professional advice.
- drink plenty of water (at least 4 pints/2 litres) to alleviate the symptoms and help to flush the system.
How is the test disposed of?
- after use, all test components can be disposed of in normal household waste.